Why your PR plan should definitely include award entry
One of these is most definitely awards-entry – perhaps not an activity which is immediately associated with PR but, approached correctly, is a fabulous way to help you achieve your business goals!
For some, the driving factors are unique; part of a personal development plan or business plan, but for most it is simply a result of significant success and is a natural step to having achievements recognised and celebrated in the wider community.
Whatever the route taken to award entry, we know that those who take part (never mind those who actually win) find it to be a very positive and truly valuable experience. For the purposes of brevity, we thought we would highlight just 5 of the reasons why entering business awards makes PR sense:
- It allows you to see how you compare to your peers – As soon as you submit your award entry your details are winging their way to an awards judge who will compare and score them against your competitors within your chosen category. Rather than being a daunting experience, this is an amazing opportunity to see how your activities compare to those of other businesses – in other words, having your achievements independently verified.
- It is a great way to attract new clients and prospects – It’s commonly recognised that award winners tend to experience a flurry of interest from new prospective clients (after all, everyone wants to deal with the most successful companies), but even award-nominated businesses see a significant spike in engagement. The mere use of award-related key words across social media and PPC (pay-per-click) really can open up new opportunities from hitherto disinterested parties.
- It cements, or indeed improves, employee morale – Who doesn’t want to work for a successful company? How better to get the word out there than to win or be shortlisted for a prestigious award? Being part of a hard-working team goes part-way to instilling a sense of pride amongst employees but being part of an award-winning team takes that pride to a different level; and at a time when wage increases are not always a financial possibility, recognition of achievement can be a great way to reward those who have worked towards the success of the company.
- It opens up valuable and exclusive networking opportunities – The value of business networking has long been understood, but networking at an awards event amongst like-minded, ambitious business people who have undergone the same submission process as you introduces an instant commonality which makes for easy conversation. As you stand in a room full of interesting new contacts, you know (and of course they know) that you have earned your place at the table – a rare situation where your reputation very definitely precedes you.
- You have worked hard and deserve to be recognised – Great achievement in our business or personal lives seldom comes without hard work, long hours and a degree of sacrifice. Rather than leave you wondering if your efforts have been enough to allow you to rise amongst your peers, award entry will help you evaluate your actions and hopefully see them justly rewarded.
At RDZ we have seen a significant increase in the number of clients who see award entry as an essential part of their strategy to grow. So much so that we now have a sister company, The Awards People (www.theawardspeople.co.uk), who concentrate solely on giving clients the support and tools required to get their stories of achievement out there, and to maximise on the many opportunities which present themselves throughout the award process.
No risk with a FREE initial 45 minute consultation
To find out exactly how we can help you achieve your ambitious goals get in touch with us today. Our initial meeting is completely FREE and we promise you’ll leave with three brand new ideas that you can take away and implement immediately.
For your FREE consultation simply pick up the phone and call us today on:
What Our Clients Say...
I went on one of Rachel’s introduction to PR workshops and it was fantastic. She covered absolutely everything, explained it all in an understandable way and didn’t try to sell anything. She gave as much information as possible, answered all questions and she was just lovely. I would highly recommend Rachel for anything to do with PR and won’t hesitate to use her services in the future.
I was introduced to Rachel by an executive coach. My requirements were to provide quality, simple to understand content to engage with my target market and generate new customer enquiries in health and wellbeing. From my first discussion with Rachel, it was clear that she had the skills and empathy to provide a service to support the growth of my business. Rachel’s content writing and editing is very effective and her diligence ensures the right message is articulated. It is no surprise to me she has a strong track record of helping entrepreneurs and businesses of all sizes support their growth. Aside from her professional competencies, Rachel genuinely cares about people and working with her allows you to focus on your core business. For those who are new to building their own business or employed by a large corporate, you will get value and authenticity from Rachel’s content and PR services.
I met with Rachel and was instantly impressed with her warmth, enthusiasm and ability to understand the key issues being faced. She took time to clarity objectives and the key tasks required. A quick study she was able to pinpoint the brand tone of voice accurately. Rachel’s’ copy writing skills have been excellent. She has written for my business website, advertorial pages in lifestyle magazine and has also written first class responses to awards entries which are curtailed in length. Rachel is just really, really good!
Rachel came to provide our company with an appraisal for the company PR, and we learnt an awful lot! Rachel taught us how to make the most of our marketing and advertising and how to make it work for us, to get the client’s we really want. Rachel has provided our company with a plan to follow, and we are gradually implementing these procedures, and we know that in doing so, it will really raise the profile of our company and get us the work we want. I would definitely recommend Rachel to manage your company’s PR.
Rachel Hargrave is one of the best PR experts that I have met. She not only understands the best awards for her clients but also how to make the most of the opportunity for the client’s personality. Put simply Rachel gets people. She understands her clients and their goals and is with you all the way. I highly recommend Rachel Hargrave and The Awards people and RDZ PR.
Rachel and I met yesterday to discuss my existing marketing and options for how we can improve and develop the strategy for my business. It’s very clear that Rachel has vast amounts of experience, knowledge, ability and some great contacts to achieve some amazing results. If you need some professional guidance with PR/awards/marketing then I’d highly recommend you get in touch with Rachel and see how she can help you out.
I’ve worked with Rachel for the past ten years on a variety of client projects and for my business also and the service we have received has been second to none, consistent and most importantly delivers RESULTS. I would have no hesitation recommending RDZ PR to my customers and Business Live Network. Thanks Rach! Here’s to another ten years and more!
Thanks for all the hard work you put into the PR work for our companies and subsequently the business award submissions. You made the whole process stress-free, and the quality of the submissions have resulted in the receipt of multiple business awards. Great work, Rachel.